Friday, August 29, 2025

Polaris of Enlightenment

George Soros names son as heir: “Is more political”

Published 13 June 2023
– By Editorial Staff
George and Alexander Soros.
2 minute read

Notorious Hungarian-Jewish venture capitalist and globalist George Soros turns 93 in August. Now he is finally handing over control of his financial and lobbying empire, valued at around $25 billion.

The new head of the business will be his 37-year-old son Alexander, who stresses to The Wall Street Journal that he and his father “think alike” – but that he himself is “more political” than his father.

Alexander Soros, who recently held private meetings with Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, declared that, like his father, he intends to continue spending large sums of money to fund left-liberal policies.

The Soros foundation Open Society Foundations, of which Alexander is now chairman, donates as much as 1.5 billion dollars every year to various political projects and politicians – often linked to things like strengthening the LGBTQ lobby and pushing for non-European immigration to Western countries. It has also been noted for strengthening groups and projects in the environment of the violent black power movement BLM.

The Soros family will also provide large sums of money for the 2024 presidential elections. At least 125 million dollars have been set aside for this purpose.

Alexander Soros started getting involved in his father’s project full-time from 2015. Previously, his older brother Jonathan was seen as the obvious heir, but he left the business after several work-related conflicts with his father. Alexander’s involvement in the Soros empire is said to have led to an increase in funding for projects in Latin America and more resources to get American leftist voters to the polls. Compared to his father, he also places much more emphasis on his Jewish identity. He has visited Israel on several occasions and also celebrates the major Jewish holidays – something George Soros reportedly does not do.

By his own admission, he is more interested in American domestic politics than his father is, and is currently working to get the Democratic Party to attract even more Hispanic and black voters to the polls, as well as to win over Republican supporters.

– Our side has to be better about being more patriotic and inclusive. Just because someone votes Trump doesn’t mean they’re lost or racist, he said.

At the same time, Alexander Soros is not described as a confident and dominant speaker like his father. His colleagues argue that he is uncomfortable in more public settings and prefers to play a more anonymous role, which could mean that he will go more under the radar compared to his father, who has thrived in the spotlight despite being frequently singled out as systematically subversive – by Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Órban, among others.

– Alex is unlikely to be the boogeyman that George Soros was for the right, says Anthony Romero, head of the American Civil Liberties Union, one of the many organizations funded by Soros.

TNT is truly independent!

We don’t have a billionaire owner, and our unique reader-funded model keeps us free from political or corporate influence. This means we can fearlessly report the facts and shine a light on the misdeeds of those in power.

Consider a donation to keep our independent journalism running…

Photojournalist leaves Reuters in protest: “Western media enable Israel’s journalist killings”

The genocide in Gaza

Published today 7:35
– By Editorial Staff
Zink states that significantly more journalists have been killed in Gaza than during both world wars - and argues that Israel is deliberately murdering reporters.
2 minute read

After eight years, Canadian photojournalist Valerie Zink is resigning from news agency Reuters. She accuses Western media of systematically spreading Israeli government propaganda and of enabling the murders of 245 journalists in Gaza so far.

Valerie Zink published a striking Facebook post on Monday explaining that she can no longer work for Reuters. The decision comes after five journalists, including Reuters’ own cameraman Hossam al-Masri, were killed in an Israeli attack on Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis.

“At this point it’s become impossible for me to maintain a relationship with Reuters given its role in justifying and enabling the systematic assassination of 245 journalists in Gaza”, Zink writes.

She directs very harsh criticism at how Western media has handled reporting from Gaza, particularly the case of Al Jazeera reporter Anas al-Sharif who was killed earlier in August.

“Reuters chose to publish Israel’s entirely baseless claim that Al-Sharif was a Hamas operative”, she writes, pointing out that the reporter’s work had previously won a Pulitzer Prize for Reuters itself.

“Reuters’ willingness to perpetuate Israel’s propaganda has not spared their own reporters from Israel’s genocide”, Zink continues in her post.

“Repeats Israel’s genocidal lies”

Zink accuses Western media of “repeating Israel’s genocidal fabrications without determining if they have any credibility” – and thereby abandoning the most basic journalistic principles.

She emphasizes that this submissive attitude from establishment media has “made possible the killing of more journalists in two years on one tiny strip of land than in WWI, WWII, and the wars in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Yugoslavia, and Ukraine combined, to say nothing of starving an entire population, shredding its children, and burning people alive”.

The attack on Nasser Hospital is described as an example of a “double tap” attack, where Israel first bombs a civilian target and then strikes again when rescue personnel and journalists have arrived at the scene.

“Western media is directly culpable for creating the conditions in which this can happen. As Jeremy Scahill from Drop Site News put it, ‘every major outlet – from the New York Times to the Washington Post, from AP to Reuters – has served as a conveyor belt for Israeli propaganda, sanitizing war crimes and dehumanizing victims, abandoning their colleagues and their alleged commitment to true and ethical reporting'”, she continues.

“I can’t conceive of wearing this press pass with anything but deep shame and grief”, Zink concludes her post, calling the journalists in Gaza “the bravest and best to ever live”.

Swedish crisis preparedness brochure gains unexpected traction among worried Iranians

The escalation in the Middle East

Published yesterday 10:26
– By Editorial Staff
MSB's brochure is available in a range of languages beyond Swedish – including Persian, Arabic, and Somali.
2 minute read

The Swedish information brochure “If Crisis or War Comes”, produced by the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB) in connection with the war in Ukraine in 2022, has gained unexpected distribution in Iran.

The Persian-language web magazine Stockholmian reports that the brochure’s Persian translation is now circulating widely on social media in the country.

The brochure, which was distributed to all Swedish households, contains various practical advice on crisis preparedness, such as storing food and water, following reliable news sources and seeking shelter during crises or conflicts.

Since Sweden has had extensive mass immigration in recent decades, the brochure was also translated into several languages – including Persian. And now the Persian version of the MSB brochure is reportedly gaining unexpectedly wide distribution even among the population back home in Iran.

“What’s interesting is that the Persian version of the brochure is now circulating widely on social media in Iran. Many Iranians, who are worried about the political and security developments in the region, have started spreading and reading this Swedish crisis guide as a concrete and useful tool”, writes the web magazine.

“The Swedish state has thought more about us than our own government”, claims one user, highlighting the brochure as an example of how a state should act to take responsibility for its citizens.

“A source of inspiration”

Despite the advice in the brochure being adapted for Swedish conditions, many of them are perceived as universal and relevant even in other countries in other parts of the world.

“In a time where uncertainty and threats of war have characterized many people’s everyday lives, Sweden’s model for information and preparedness can become a source of inspiration – even for countries like Iran”, Stockholmian concludes.

Although MSB’s brochure has been praised in many quarters, it has also been questioned and met with harsh criticism – not least for its explicit “doomsday rhetoric” where Swedes are urged to prepare themselves for upcoming terrorist attacks, aerial bombings and nuclear war.

In a country like Iran where bombs and war were actually bitter reality quite recently and are still a very concrete threat, however, the alarmist rhetoric is not perceived as equally remarkable.

14-year-old “Sophie of Dundee” becomes viral hero – a symbol of Britain’s betrayed children

Deteriorating safety

Published 27 August 2025
– By Editorial Staff
On social media, AI-generated images are spreading where "Sophie of Dundee" is portrayed as Scottish freedom fighter William Wallace from the movie Braveheart.
4 minute read

A 14-year-old girl from Dundee, Scotland who was arrested for weapon possession after defending her little sister has become a viral hero on social media.

The girl, who wielded an axe and machete to reportedly protect her 12-year-old sister from harassing immigrant men, is now being praised worldwide and has become a symbol of what British children must do when authorities and the adult world have abandoned them.

A 14-year-old girl from Dundee, Scotland has reportedly been arrested for weapon possession after allegedly trying to protect her little sister from adult migrants who reportedly harassed them for weeks.

In a video circulated on social media, the girl, who according to some reports is named Sophie, is seen wielding an axe and a machete while one of the girls screams off-camera:

— Don’t fucking punch my little sister, she’s 12. The confrontation reportedly took place on Saturday afternoon in the Lochee district, where the two immigrant men allegedly filmed the girls as they approached.

Musk: Politicians bear the blame

The incident has caused a major stir on social media where the girl is now being hailed as a Scottish hero, and even Tesla CEO Elon Musk has drawn attention to the case.

“Start by condemning the grovelers and collaborators in positions of authority in Britain who aided the rape epidemic of their own people or turned a blind eye to their responsibilities”, the tech billionaire wrote angrily on platform X, referring to the systematic grooming scandals that have shaken Britain over the years.

On social media, images and AI-generated video clips have spread depicting the girl as a modern version of Scottish hero William Wallace from the film Braveheart. She is being called “Sophie of Dundee,” “Braveheart,” and “Sophie the Brave” by her supporters, who see her as an unwilling symbol of citizens’ desperation when the state has failed and abandoned those who are most vulnerable.

Danish data researcher Jonatan Pallesen called the image of the girl potentially iconic: “The UK has catastrophically failed in protecting their 12-year-old girls… and so this 14-year-old sister must do it”, he writes on X.

“Shouldn’t have to live like this”

Podcaster Basil the Great, who was one of the users who first spread the video, states angrily: “She’s a child. A little girl. Someone’s daughter. And she’s screaming at a grown foreign man to leave her alone. WE SHOULDN’T BE LIVING LIKE THIS!”

The girl has quickly become a symbol of what many Britons see as the state’s total failure to protect its vulnerable citizens – and its children in particular.

“Any government that refuses to protect its daughters is illegitimate. The crown is in the gutter, just waiting for someone to come pick it up”, writes user Dale Stark, summarizing the growing frustration over societal developments.

Authorities’ betrayal continues

According to Scottish police, the girl was arrested around 7:40 PM on Saturday following a report of a “female youth with a bladed weapon” on St Ann Lane in Dundee. She has been charged with weapon possession and will be reported to relevant authorities. The men who reportedly harassed the girls for weeks have allegedly neither been arrested nor investigated, which has also increased the already massive public outcry against the authorities’ actions.

The incident has brought renewed attention to the debate about the extensive grooming scandals in British cities like Rotherham, Rochdale and Oxford, where thousands of young girls were systematically exploited over decades by mainly Pakistani gangs while authorities actively avoided taking action for fear of appearing racist.

Meanwhile, critics emphasize that although older grooming scandals and organized sexual crimes against children committed by immigrant gangs have after many years begun to receive attention in Britain, there is nothing to suggest this belongs to the past. On the contrary, many believe that children are still being subjected to abuse on a massive scale while politicians and authorities choose to ignore or even silence what is happening.

Although the details are still unclear and reports are sometimes contradictory, both regarding the sequence of events and the age of those involved, the incident with the 14-year-old girl from Dundee is viewed by many as further proof that the same pattern continues – where young girls are left to defend themselves while authorities arrest the victims instead of the perpetrators.

Moscow: Zelensky has no mandate to conclude peace

The war in Ukraine

Published 26 August 2025
– By Editorial Staff
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov once again points out that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky's presidential term actually expired long ago.
2 minute read

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov opens the door to talks with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. At the same time, he states that any peace agreements require a legally legitimate signatory – something Zelensky is not since his presidential mandate has formally expired.

In the interview, which was broadcast on NBC on Sunday, Lavrov leaves the door open for direct negotiations between President Vladimir Putin and Zelensky – “provided this meeting is really going to decide something”. At the same time, he points out that the necessary groundwork for such a summit is still lacking.

The Russian foreign minister argues that Zelensky functions as Ukraine’s “de facto leader of the regime,” but simultaneously highlights what Moscow sees as a decisive problem.

— The issue of who is going to sign the deal on the Ukrainian side is a very serious.

— We would need a very clear understanding by everybody that the person who is signing is legitimate, Lavrov explains further.

No new elections during war

The core of Moscow’s criticism lies in the fact that Zelensky’s presidential mandate formally expired over a year ago. The Ukrainian president has not called new elections, citing the current state of emergency due to the war. This has led Moscow to officially declare him “illegitimate”.

Lavrov goes so far as to dismiss Zelensky’s recurring requests for a meeting with Putin as “basically a game” – and an attempt to strengthen his own questioned position.

— A game he is very good at playing because he wants theatrics in everything he is doing. He does not care about substance, says the Russian foreign minister.

“Zelensky said no to everything”

Regarding prospects for meaningful negotiations, Lavrov points to what he describes as Kiev’s unwillingness to compromise. As an example, he mentions how Zelensky previously allegedly defied then-US President Donald Trump.

— Zelensky said no to everything… He clearly stated that nobody can prohibit him from joining NATO… he publicly stated that he is not going to discuss any territories.

Russian demands for a peace solution stand in sharp contrast to Ukraine’s position. Moscow insists that Ukraine must remain neutral, undergo demilitarization and “denazification”, as well as “recognize the current territorial realities on the ground” – meaning giving up claims to areas now under Russian control.

From the Ukrainian side, there have been signals that Zelensky is indeed prepared to discuss the country’s territorial disputes with Russia – but without any intention of formally recognizing any territorial losses.

Our independent journalism needs your support!
We appreciate all of your donations to keep us alive and running.

Our independent journalism needs your support!
Consider a donation.

You can donate any amount of your choosing, one-time payment or even monthly.
We appreciate all of your donations to keep us alive and running.

Dont miss another article!

Sign up for our newsletter today!

Take part of uncensored news – free from industry interests and political correctness from the Polaris of Enlightenment – every week.