EU commissioner Ylva Johansson: “The EU needs at least 1 million migrants per year”

Published January 18, 2024 – By Editorial staff
Ylva Johansson (S) would like to see at least one million migrants per year in the EU.

Speaking at an EU meeting last week, Ylva Johansson, a Swedish Social Democrat and EU Commissioner for Home Affairs, spoke about the EU's "long-term demographic challenges" which she says require very large-scale immigration into the Union.

– Legal migration should grow more or less with one million per year, she said.

Ylva Johansson's comments in Athens on 8 January come against the backdrop of Europe's ongoing struggle to attract high-quality workers. She pointed out that around 3.5 million migrants already arrive legally each year, compared to around 300,000 who arrive illegally.

The EU Commissioner argues that the EU will have to rely on workers from other countries as member states' own populations age. The EU's working-age population is decreasing by about one million per year, according to Johansson.

– That means that legal migration should grow more or less with one million per year and that is really a challenge to do that in an orderly way, said Ylva Johansson, according to the EU Observer news website.

The European Commission's own report paints a picture of even greater population loss within member states. It predicts that the "working age" population will fall from 334 million in 2014 to around 238 million in 2060, unless the EU urgently attracts workers through migration.

Swedish Migration Minister speaks out

Swedish Migration Minister Maria Malmer Stenergard (M) said in a written statement that the government is working to attract "the right kind of immigration". The minister also said that more people who are already in the country need to take the jobs that are available.

– This includes promoting highly skilled labor immigration, as Sweden needs to attract talent from around the world. Sweden needs to shift the focus from large-scale low-skilled to high-skilled labor migration, and ensure that more people already in Sweden take the jobs that are available.

According to Eurostat, the EU population will increase, peaking around 2026 at just over 453 million people. Until 2050, there will then be a gradual decline to around 448 million, after which the decline will accelerate. This is expected to continue at least until 2100, when the population is expected to be around 420 million.

TNT is truly independent!

We don’t have a billionaire owner, and our unique reader-funded model keeps us free from political or corporate influence. This means we can fearlessly report the facts and shine a light on the misdeeds of those in power.

Consider a donation to keep our independent journalism running…

European Parliament calls for age limits on social media

Published November 27, 2025 – By Editorial staff

A resolution on age limits for social media has been adopted by the European Parliament with the aim of protecting children and young people. However, the decision is not binding but rather a call for member states to take action.

According to the resolution, children must be at least 13 years old to use social media, video-sharing platforms like YouTube, and so-called "AI companions". Parental consent should be required up to the age of 16. The Parliament is urging the European Commission and member states to advance the issue.

Swedish MEP Adnan Dibrani (Social Democrats) welcomes the decision.

Our children must always come before tech giants and their profits and algorithms, he told publicly funded broadcaster SVT.

However, MEP Charlie Weimers (Sweden Democrats) voted against it. He sees a risk of political surveillance and warns that European citizens could be forced to authenticate themselves with BankID just to comment on posts online.

Questions remain about how the age limit would be practically implemented. Discussions are ongoing about which identification tools could be used without compromising the protection of personal data.

Denmark well on its way

Australia will become the first country in the world in December to introduce legislated age limits for social media. The responsibility for enforcing the limit lies with the platforms, which risk fines if they fail to comply with the rules.

In October, the Danish government also presented a proposal to ban social media for all children under 15, with Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen strongly pointing to screens creating both addiction and poor mental health among young people.

A similar proposal has also been put forward in Norway.

EU wants to increase Sweden’s membership fee by 60 percent

The globalist agenda

Published November 19, 2025 – By Editorial staff

The European Commission's budget proposal threatens to make Sweden's EU membership fee 60 percent more expensive. Swedish EU Minister Jessica Rosencrantz (M) calls the proposal "unrealistic".

The Commission's seven-year budget plan for 2028–2034 amounts to nearly €2,000 billion. Sweden's current fee is approximately €4 billion per year.

During Tuesday's ministerial meeting in Brussels, Jessica Rosencrantz, representing Sweden's center-right Moderate Party, distanced herself from the plans.

For Sweden, this means at least a 60 percent increase in fees. That is not realistic and many other countries face similar challenges, she told Swedish public radio.

Sweden, together with Austria, gathered several net contributors for breakfast before the meeting – countries that pay more into the EU budget than they receive back in support. Rosencrantz notes there is shared concern about how large the increases could be.

But unity was not complete. French Minister Benjamin Haddad made clear that Paris wants a larger budget, not least to secure agricultural subsidies.

The EU needs more own resources, Haddad stated.

He was referring to a system where money goes directly to Brussels without passing through national parliaments – something Sweden rejects.

The budget issue will be discussed at the summit in December, but a final decision is not expected until 2027.

France: Young women suspected of planning terror attack

The Islamization of Europe

Published November 10, 2025 – By Editorial staff
The three arrested young women describe themselves as Salafists and all wear niqab. NOTE: Archive image - the women in the picture have no connection to the article.

Three young women have been arrested in France suspected of planning a jihadist terror attack in Paris. The arrests come as France commemorates the 10th anniversary of the 2015 terror attacks.

The young women, aged 18, 19 and 21, were arrested in Lyon, Villeurbanne and Vierzon. They are suspected of planning a jihadist terror attack targeting a bar or concert venue in Paris.

According to French media and investigative sources, they had been exchanging messages about a violent attack in the French capital for several weeks. The three suspects were arrested as part of an investigation that began this summer.

One of the women, who is reportedly considered the leader and most radicalized, was first discovered through another person already under surveillance by intelligence services.

Her messages and contacts with the two other women have been under close surveillance since mid-summer.

The investigation is being led by France's National Anti-Terrorism Prosecutor's Office (PNAT).

Investigation and evidence

According to the investigation, the main suspect discussed topics including the price of a Kalashnikov-type automatic rifle and the manufacture of explosive belts. During a search, a note about preparations for a jihadist attack was also found.

The two other suspects have different backgrounds: one has mobility impairments and has lived in foster care, while the youngest is described as "naive" in some of her messages.

According to the investigation, the women met physically at least once, which strengthens suspicions that the group intended to carry out an attack.

During questioning, one of the women admitted that she may have been radicalized, but claims she has gradually abandoned jihadist ideology. All deny planning an attack.

According to French authorities, this is the sixth planned terrorist attack thwarted in France since the beginning of 2025.

Shein sold sex dolls with childlike appearance – faces ban threat in France

Published November 4, 2025 – By Editorial staff
The sex dolls were marketed as "male masturbation toys" with "erotic bodies" and were depicted holding teddy bears.

Chinese e-commerce giant Shein has sold sex dolls with childlike appearance on its platform. Now the company faces a potential ban in France and the finance minister is demanding a legal investigation.

The Chinese e-commerce giant has plans to open its first physical store in the world on November 5 in Paris, France. The company, known for selling so-called ultra-fast fashion, has faced criticism in France for undeclared microplastics in products and for working conditions in its factories.

Over the weekend, however, new problems emerged for the fast-fashion giant when it was revealed that there was more than fast fashion in their product range – the company was also selling sex dolls.

The dolls, approximately 80 centimeters long, have the features and body shape of a small girl and hold teddy bears in their arms. The product description contained, according to French newspaper Le Monde, sexually explicit language and described the items as "male masturbation toys" with "erotic body".

"Horrible"

After the French anti-fraud authority DGCCRF drew attention to the dolls, they were removed from sale and Shein stated that it has initiated an internal investigation into the matter.

But French Finance Minister Roland Lescure was not satisfied with that. On Monday, he threatened to ban the company from the French market.

For terrorist acts, drug trafficking and child pornographic objects, the government has the right to request that access to the French market be prohibited, he said according to French BFMTV and continued:

These horrible things are illegal. There will be a legal investigation.

Since the establishment of the Paris store became known, several brands have withdrawn their products from the department store in protest. In addition to Paris, the fast-fashion giant plans to open five more stores in France during November.